Information and contact details
spectrum-nanotech.com (the Website) is a website operated by Now Display (“we”, “us” or “our”).
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +44(0)203 916 5458
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We are the controller of and is responsible for your personal data.
Questions and Complaints
Please note that you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). However, we would appreciate the opportunity to assist you with any questions or complaints that you might have regarding the handling of your personal data in the first instance and in such circumstances you may email email@example.com
Information Collected About You
We will collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give to us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on the Website or by corresponding with us by email or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use the Website, purchase an item and when you report a problem with the Website. The information you provide us may include your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and location details.
• When you visit the Website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, which websites or search terms referred you to the Website, and information about how you interact with the Website. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
• We may collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Website .
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Website, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
Uses of Information Collected About You
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to notify you about changes to the Website and its functionality; and
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to order products from the website;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and other users, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
• Information [we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with the other information you give directly to it and the information it collects about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information it receives).
Disclosure of Information Collected About You
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
• Any member of its group from time to time. This means your personal information may be shared with any subsidiaries, any ultimate holding company and/or such holding companies own subsidiaries (in each case as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006).
• Selected third parties, including:
- business partners;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that it sells or buys any business or assets, in which case it will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above.
Storage of Information Collected About You
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will use its reasonable endeavours to protect your personal data, it cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website, and therefore any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, it will use adequate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
When you place an order through the Website, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless, and until, you ask us to delete this information.
Retention of Information
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You have the right to:
• Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
• Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
• Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that it has compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
• Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
- (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- (c) where you need us to hold the data even if it no longer requires it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- (d) you have objected to our use of your data but it needs to verify whether it has overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
• Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party.
• Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Accessing Personal Data
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or exercise any of the other rights in relation to your personal data set out above). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your requests in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help it confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Details of Cookies
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We may use the following cookies:
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Website.
• Analytical/performance cookies. These are cookies that allow us to recognise and count the number of Website Users and to see how such users move around the Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies. These are cookies that are used to recognise you when you return to the Website. This enables us to personalise the Website content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
• Targeting cookies. These are cookies that are used to record your visit to the Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Third Party Cookies
The use of such advertising cookies enables third parties to serve ads to you based on your visit to the Website and other third party websites.
You may opt out of personalised third party advertising by using the hyperlinks set out in the “managing and turning off cookies” section below. However, for more information about third party cookies and how to manage and disable them, please visit AboutAds.
Managing and Turning Off Cookies
You can manage the cookies stored on your computer, or turn them off completely, through your website browser settings. However, please be aware that deactivating cookies may affect your browsing experience or even prevent you from using the Website.
Modern website browsers allow you to change your cookie settings to give you control over whether or not cookies can be set. For more information, please visit the applicable help section for the website browser that you use.
• Cookie settings in Internet Explorer.
• Cookie settings in Firefox.
• Cookie settings in Chrome.
• Cookie settings in Safari.
This document was lasted updated on 01/10/2020